Time for the Friday Five with Eat Pray Run, DC, You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar on the Run! Each week, a large group of fantastic bloggers link up to bring you 5 things about fitness and health. Visit the hosts' sites to check out the ever growing list of fitness enthusiasts!
This week's theme is "Fall Preview". Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:
|The trees in my old neighborhood.|
1) The weather. I'm sure will be on everyone's list. Fall is just simply beautiful: the weather, the smells, the scenery, even the sound of crunchy leaves is pretty to me. And there is nothing more invigorating than going for a run on a crisp cool morning. Which leads me to #2.
|Photo from Istanbulmarthon.org|
2) My next race. I will be training for my next race, the Istanbul 15k and I am THRILLED. God willing I will be able to cross off "Race in a different country" from my bucket list. Just look at the course. My feet will touch two continents and cross The Bosphorus. Hmmm, do I actually train to run fast or just enjoy the race and take tons of pics? I'm leaning toward the latter.
3) A new schedule. I plan on volunteering at both my sons' schools. It works well with everyone's schedule and I'm pretty excited about it. Even though they go to English speaking schools, it should be interesting to watch children from different countries interact with each other.
4) The next challenge. For anyone following me on Instagram or Facebook, my daily yoga poses aren't over yet :) This one is sponsored by my yoga favorites and Athleta, so I couldn't pass it up. I like these challenges because they encourage me to squeeze in a few minutes of yoga everyday and I always learn something new. I've also fallen into this rhythm of running, yoga and Crossfit which seems to be working well for my body right now.
5) My favorite vegetables. I love winter squashes! I know some people are all about the pumpkin spice lattes, but personally I can't wait for my butternut squash soup.
|Photo from Cooking Light|
What about you? Do you love fall?
What do you have lined up this season?
Any new challenges or races?
Don't forget to check out the other bloggers - there are well over 40 of them in this link up!
Have a great weekend,