Thursday, August 28, 2014

Friday 5: Fall Preview



Time for the Friday Five with Eat Pray Run, DCYou Signed Up for What?!, and Mar on the Run!   Each week, a large group of fantastic bloggers link up to bring you 5 things about fitness and health.  Visit the hosts' sites to check out the ever growing list of fitness enthusiasts!   

This week's theme is "Fall Preview". Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:

The trees in my old neighborhood.

1) The weather. I'm sure will be on everyone's list. Fall is just simply beautiful: the weather, the smells, the scenery, even the sound of crunchy leaves is pretty to me. And there is nothing more invigorating than going for a run on a crisp cool morning. Which leads me to #2. 

Photo from Istanbulmarthon.org

2) My next race. I will be training for my next race, the Istanbul 15k and I am THRILLED.  God willing I will be able to cross off "Race in a different country" from my bucket list. Just look at the course. My feet will touch two continents and cross The Bosphorus. Hmmm, do I actually train to run fast or just enjoy the race and take tons of pics? I'm leaning toward the latter. 

3) A new schedule. I plan on volunteering at both my sons' schools. It works well with everyone's schedule and I'm pretty excited about it. Even though they go to English speaking schools, it should be interesting to watch children from different countries interact with each other. 



4) The next challenge. For anyone following me on Instagram or Facebook, my daily yoga poses aren't over yet :) This one is sponsored by my yoga favorites and Athleta, so I couldn't pass it up. I like these challenges because they encourage me to squeeze in a few minutes of yoga everyday and I always learn something new. I've also fallen into this rhythm of running, yoga and Crossfit which seems to be working well for my body right now. 

5) My favorite vegetables. I love winter squashes! I know some people are all about the pumpkin spice lattes, but personally I can't wait for my butternut squash soup.  

Photo from Cooking Light

What about you? Do you love fall?
What do you have lined up this season?
Any new challenges or races?

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers - there are well over 40 of them in this link up!

Have a great weekend,
Michele




26 comments:

  1. I am definitely excited for all the things you listed (except replace Istanbul 15K with NYCM heh). I recently visited Istanbul so it will be nice to read your thoughts when you get back. My friends husband is actually running the Istanbul Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy, what a small world! How did you like Istanbul?

      Delete
    2. Loved the food, history and architecture, it was a bit crowded and hot; hopefully not the case when you go.

      Delete
  2. Istanbul, that sounds really interesting! And I love all the fall squashes and cooler weather - leaves are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for the race and also the training that comes along with it! Fall is perfect running weather!

      Delete
  3. Racing in Istanbul sounds FANTASTIC! Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a given I will be stopping a lot for pics!

      Delete
  4. What an amazing race course! Definitely take your time and take lots of pictures, what a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Yes, I will be slowing down to enjoy this one!

      Delete
  5. Istanbul racing -how cool. I was there 2 summers ago-hot! I can't wait to read about it. Wonder how many women do it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but I know of a lot of women around here who run. It will be an interesting experience for sure!

      Delete
  6. The colors are amazing in fall! The best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and I bet you take some great pictures of those colors :)

      Delete
  7. I am definitely a lover of pumpkin spice lattes, but I love butternut squash soup as well!! Panera and Paradise Bakery has the best ones I've tried so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Running in Istanbul will be amazing, for sure. Take lots of pics, please! And yes--butternut squash soup is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think pictures is the way to go. Why run fast through a course like that?!

      Delete
  9. Yes, Fall is my favorite season! We've had an unreasonably HOT summer here in Portland OR so I am looking forward to the cooler temps, So much easier to work out in. I've been looking for a challenge to participate in as well - ever thought about hosting your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think Rebecca. I have thought about what kind of challenge I could host....i need to think more about what I want to accomplish through it and what I know enough about! Any ideas ;)

      Delete
  10. wow! my vote is definitely take as many pictures as you can as you run that race. how awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh that race sounds fantastic!! I'd take pictures and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that istanbul race sound fab! Can't wait to read the recap on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the Istanbul 15k sounds amazing! And I'm a huge fan if winter squashes too, definitely one of the best things about Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to do a race in Istanbul! Can't wait to read that recap! My favorite part of fall....the leaves, sweater weather, the smell of apples baking, and cooler running weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for running with your camera and taking lots of pictures during your Istanbul 15K! When else will you be able to run on two continents in one race?

    I love seeing all of your yoga poses on IG. You make them look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love running in the Fall! What an awesome race opportunity, I would totally go for the latter as well, that sounds like an awesome experience! Sounds like you are going to get pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete