Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Flip Belt Review

It's Wednesday!  Time for the WorkOut Wednesday linkup (#wowlinkup) with Femme Fitale Fit ClubThe Frugal ExerciserEat Hard Work Hard,  Comeback Momma and Mean, Green, Clean Eating Teen!  Each week a group of bloggers link up at the hosts' sites to bring you all kinds of posts about fitness.  Check it out!

When you find yourself stuffing your sports bra with keys, ID, and money, it's time to buy something. Anything instead of your sweaty bra to hold things during your workout. For a long time all I carried was my phone in my armband, but lately I've had to bring a few other things on my run. I asked about Flip Belts on my Facebook page and got a huge positive response. (Okay, in my world, a huge response is more than 5 comments). Anyway, I finally decided to buy one from Amazon for $28.99.



I have tried various running belts before but never found one I liked which is why I just use my armband (and lately my bra!).  Other belts I have tried had buckles that never seem to sit right or the belt would ride up. None of them sat close enough to my body and I always heard or felt things moving on the belt.  But What attracted me to the Flip Belt was it's sleekness. I like how there aren't any zippers or buckles. I like how it sits and is tight on the body so it holds things in place. Here's a sample of what I put in during a normal run: (not shown is money or my ID badge but they fit too!)
The phone shown here is an iPhone 5. I have an Otterbox on my phone and it also fits just fine. All you have to do is slide whatever you want into the slots and flip the belt over. That's it. 


If I dared to only wear a sports bra when I run, it would look pretty cute. But even under a shirt it doesn't look too bulky. This belt is also great just for running errands or taking the kids to the park. Now that I don't carry diapers or sippy cups I'm FREE! I can throw this on and be out the door.  It has held up just fine after numerous washes, fits true to size and the color choices are numerous. The one downside is if you like to look at your phone easily while running, this isn't for you.  But you can easily wear headphones and let the chord go through the openings.  I give it two thumbs up. 

It's so sleek I bet The Fonz would wear it!

The real indicator of how simple this is? Even my husband likes it! When I told him I was ordering this, he said "Like a fanny pack?!" Well, when he saw how basic it is, he wants one now too. 

Disclosure: Unfortunately I'm not a big enough blogger to get this stuff for free and do a review. I bought this with my own money, all opinions are my own and I don't benefit if you click on any of my links. 

What about you? Do you own a Flip Belt?
How do you carry things on your runs?

Love the #wowlinkup - please check out my fellow fitness enthusiasts!

Until next time,
Michele





42 comments:

  1. Ok ok ok now that I see it on you I am with your husband - looks nice. When I first heard of it I was NOT willing to consider it at all because all I could think of was a fanny pack and I was not running like that. I'd rather deal with sweaty keys stuck in my sports bra ha! You make it look cute - Ok I'm convinced now. :-) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad fanny pack has such a bad name. It's so convenient. I usually wear a cross body bag but even that gets to be annoying.

      Delete
  2. I love Flip Belt! So easy to carry my phone on bike rides or when I walk the dog. Definitely worth the purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Amy. I don't have a problem spending money on something I will use over and over. I forgot to mention using it on the bike! Yes very convenient.

      Delete
  3. I agree - you make it look really cute! Thanks for the personal review! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a flipbelt and love it as well! I sound like a fan girl when I talk to my runner friends about it but I think it's really well designed and holds a surprising amount of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a simple yet effective design. Why can't I ever come up with ideas like this?!

      Delete
  5. I just got one, but haven't tried it out yet. I'm excited as I hear it's a lot better than what I currently use which is a spibelt. My spibelt is ok, but it sometimes bothers me and I have to unzip to get my phone out. The Flip Belt looks so much easier to deal with. Thanks for the review Michele!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the spibelt too. I'm interested to hear what you think about this belt when you try it.

      Delete
  6. I have a SPIbelt & have been wondering about the Flipbelt & how they compare. I might have to bite the bullet & buy one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little more than I would have like to have spent, but now that I have it, it's worth it :)

      Delete
  7. I've always been so intrigued by this thing. I've always wanted to try one and just haven't quite bit the bullet on it yet. Maybe this is what I needed to read to push me to grab one =)
    #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, well it would hold up during a brick workout :) Bike to run, it'll go with you!

      Delete
  8. Ooh I've always wondered if this actually works! It looks much cuter than the belt I have, but I'm always pulling my phone out for pics. #bloggerproblems lol. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to make sure to stop my watch when I take this out for a pic! Don't want to add time to my run ����

      Delete
  9. I love my Flipbelt! I mostly use it for running but I also occasionally use it when I don't want to carry my purse. I've gotten pretty good at being able to slip my phone in and out to take pictures while running. :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Sherry, I'm still working on that blogger skill :)

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love my Flip Belt! I bought one a few months ago and I can't imagine running with an arm band again. It's so much better. I don't even flip the belt over, I just leave the holes on the outside and my phone, keys and gels all stay in place and it makes it very convenient to get to anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm not going back to the armband anymore!

      Delete
  11. I really want one of these. I love how it doesn't look so bulky in just one area, but evens the weight distribution out for things you want to carry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - you can place the objects wherever you want and distribute evenly! Thanks Lauren :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't run with this kind of belt. I had an spi belt and it moved around too much and annoyed me. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what bothered me about other belts. They would eventually shift and it was annoying. So far this is working.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for reviewing something you didn't even "have to." You are a responsible blogger and care what your readers think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard nothing but good things about that belt - I need to bite the bullet & order one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why I bought it. Too many people said they liked it and I needed something more than an arm band. I think it's worth it!

      Delete
  15. I need to get one of these!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Beth! I hope this helps you make the right choice for you :)

      Delete
  16. I never knew the flip belt was such a hit! I used to have a Nathan belt that was basically a fanny pack and I was always teased about it. This looks really easy to wear and comfortable! Great review....just wish it was cheaper! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was more than I was hoping to spend. But for me, it's worth it. I know I'll be using it a lot.

      Delete
  17. Thanks for this review. I've been thinking of purchasing one, but haven't pulled the plug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope this review helps you make a decision!

      Delete
  18. I have a flipbelt too. And while I claim to LOVE it, I don't wear it for some reason? Not sure why!! But it is the only waist "pack" that I really like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only one I can stand to wear. I'm just glad I'm not stuffing my bra anymore, ha!

      Delete
  19. I love my flip belt, it can hold a lot of stuff! I even slip my Simple Hydration water bottle onto it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you put a bottle of water in yours! I have yet to try that.

      Delete
  20. This looks awesome! I went on a long run this weekend and wore a Nathan belt because I needed my water handy, but as a trainer who works at the park often, this would be amazing!!!! Thanks for reviewing it and buying it with your own money to tell us about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! Yes, I think this would be great for you while you train at the park!

      Delete
  21. I am running with B's old belt and I hate it. I've heard some pretty good things about this one - I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one because I'm spending WAY too much time fidgeting on my run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Runs are supposed to be fun - you shouldn't be annoyed with your belt :) hope this helps you make a decision!

      Delete